The essay topic focuses on an issue about which our organization is truly passionate. We want you to tell us about the psychological impact hair loss often has on society. Men and women both can apply. The focus does not have to be limited to the impact that hair loss on women but should remain focused on hair loss.
- Enrolled at an accredited high school, college, or university in the U.S.
- There is NO gender requirement on this essay
- Enrolled at the undergraduate level or your final year of high school
- Aged sixteen (16) years or older
- Carry a status of “good standing” (i.e. currently enrolled)
- Maintain a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 (or equivalent)
In order to apply, applicants must submit a typed essay that answers the following questions.
- Why is hair an important part of confidence in society?
- How are people that experience hair loss often psychologically impacted by hair loss?
- What can people do that are affected by hair loss to maintain positive self esteem?
The total essay length should be between 1,000 and 2,000 words. All essays should be submitted no later than April 1 for Fall semester and December 1 for the Winter semester.
Please attach your essay submission. If you are a finalist, we will request an unofficial academic transcript and proof of enrollment.
Hair Loss in Women is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information. This includes the collection, storage, use, access, and disposal of all student information and data obtained through the application process. This data will only be used for reviewing applications and selecting recipients and never for commercial purposes.[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]